Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Photography Tip of the Day







Although I'm not an expert photographer, I do know that one of the best times of the day to snap photos is early morning. You will get a more true color of your subject before the sun gets too high in the sky. So when I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning, I say 'dragged' thanks to the allergy meds I had taken last night, and before I even had my first cup of coffee, I walked out my back door with camera in hand. I was so amazed to see how much the bushes and trees around my yard had really popped from the past three days of 90+ degree days we've been enjoying here.

My 'sand cherry' bush, that still shows damage from a nasty storm a few years ago, has the prettiest petite pink blossoms. They weren't there three days ago! And my lilac tree is really starting to pop! Lilacs are one of the most fragrant flowers and I absolutely love them! I only wish they made better cut flowers as I would love to have them in every room of my home to sweeten the air.

The 'birch tree' in my yard is my all-time favorite tree! We planted it when we first moved into our home over 16 years ago and every year it gets better and better. I love to watch it change from season to season and see how much it has grown from the previous year. I regularly take photos of it to document the changes. Many days I sit on my deck, staring at it and admiring it's beauty. I would be very sad if anything should ever happen to this tree.

Last of all, the tulips! What can I say about them? They never cease to amaze me year after year! They have such a short life and I try to enjoy them while they are here. This particular one is one of my favorites and seem to last longer than the typical tulips. I wish I could remember what kind they are. I do remember, though, purchasing them from a friend's son for a school fundraiser a few years ago so every time I look at them, I think of my friend.

I'll bet you all have some wonderful trees, bushes and flowers in your own backyard or even in your neighborhood that are just begging to be photographed. So get out there this morning before the sun rises too high and start snapping away! You'll be glad you did!

Thanks for visiting me today and if you live in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region of this wonderful country of ours, enjoy this last 90+degree day as tomorrow, it's back to reality! Have a great day!

~Carol~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...