Friday, May 22, 2009

THIS makes me sad!


Since yesterday was such a gorgeous, warm, clear blue sky day, I decided to take a stroll down my rural country road, which I haven't done in awhile since I've been so busy lately and the traffic has picked up as well due to new developments in the area. It's actually quite scary to walk down my road any more. The people in the cars see you walking on the side of the road but they do not slow down! Very frustrating! I digress...

Anyway, I grabbed my camera before heading out the door in case I found anything interesting to photograph. Well, let me tell you...I found some interesting things, for sure! Nestled amongst the newly planted fields, overgrown berry bushes and woodchuck holes, I found a TON of garbage! I was so upset when I saw all that garbage on MY road. My husband has many times gone down the road with garbage bag in hand and picked up all kinds of trash. He would come back home and tell me just how much trash he had picked up. I never really believed him, I guess, until I saw it for myself and had to photograph it. This makes me so sad! How can anyone do this? And not feel guilty??? I don't understand! Ya know, the really sad part about this is...I have seen many, many young people throw stuff out their car windows as they travel down my road. Excuse me? Have we not been teaching the youngest ones how important it is to recycle and do their part for the environment? I hate to see what this planet will look like in 20 years from now, if the young ones today aren't getting the message.
  

The next time I head out the door for a walk, I think I will be carrying a trash bag as I don't like to see all that garbage on MY road. 

Okay, that's enough complaining for one day! Hope you all enjoy the Memorial Day weekend. And while you're outdoors on this holiday weekend, pick up just one piece of trash and it'll make a difference! 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

~Carol~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...