Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Fun Day at a Quarter Auction Fundraiser

I'm not sure if you all know but I am a member of the Business and Professional Women's Organization and have been for a few months now. I belong to the Jennersville Chapter and let me tell you that this group of ladies is amazing. I have felt welcomed from the very beginning. They are smart, professional women and I have learned a lot from them at every meeting.

To end this term (we take a 2 month hiatus now), we held a quarter auction fundraiser today to benefit three different local charities, including Chester County Futures, Neighborhood Services, and Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition. It was a lot of fun. If you have never attended a quarter auction, you are really missing a rewarding time. Click here to read all about them and how to get one started for your own fundraising. I will be anxiously awaiting the results to see how much we were able to raise for our charities today.

I had several handmade items that I created with products from Close To My Heart to auction off today. The items included a recipe box I made using the Let's Get Together paper pack and the Let's Get Together Recipe Card Kit. I also made a 3x3 mini album with one of the newest paper packs that I really, really love called 'Bella'. I also had decorated a My Creations Memory Keeper Box and filled it full of Christmas cards and tags. I know it's a bit early to think about Christmas but it never hurts to think ahead. Now don't you wish you had been at the auction today?

Well, it is getting late and my eyes are starting to droop so I must say goodnight. Be sure to check my blog tomorrow for the newest Deal-a-Day Special from Close To My Heart that I will be posting in the morning.

Thanks for stopping by today. Goodnight!

~Carol~

Bookmark and Share






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...