Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day!

I thought I'd share a few photos with you of the beautiful day we're having today here in the Mid-Atlantic region. When I glanced out my back door this morning and saw the perfectly blue sky, I knew I had to snap a few photos before the sun got any higher in that beautiful blue sky. I also noticed a family of bluebirds flitting around from tree to tree, chasing bugs and hopefully, eating the rest of those darn caterpillars that come from the tent worms that love to invade our black walnut trees every year. The past couple weeks, those caterpillars have been marching straight towards my house, invading my front porch and climbing up the side of the house. Don't know why they do that but they sure are annoying. I was outside every day spraying them with bug killer and knocking them off the house with a broom. I know, that's silly but they drove me nuts! Anyway, I hope wherever you are, it's a beautiful day as well and you are enjoying what's left of the summer!

One of the many bluebirds hanging around my house today.

Another bluebird! Can you see it?

The cute birdhouse my hubby bought for our garden. There's my favorite tree in the background, our Birch that we planted from a seedling 16 years ago.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...