Monday, January 4, 2010

A Close To My Heart 'Topstitch' Layout

Isn't this layout just too pretty? I love this layout! I rarely do single page layouts but I really liked one of the designs that Becky Fleck creates for PageMaps and wanted to use it. Of course, I tweaked it a bit to make it more my own but the basic design is PageMaps. All those little flowers were a lot of fun to stamp and cut out. Not! I did them while sitting in front of the TV the other night. I can't watch the TV without doing something! It's such a waste of time!

Did you know you can create your own faux chipboard? Look at the hearts on this layout. They look like they could be chipboard but they aren't. I cut several of each with my Cricut machine, ran them through my Xyron sticker maker then laid them one on top of the other to create thickness. I tied a bow around the blue heart before adhering it to the page. I stamped a design on the small pink heart, added a chocolate brad then popped it to give it dimension. What a cool look, huh?

All the products used on this layout are from the new Topstitch Workshop on the Go kit from Close To My Heart. Ask me how you can get this great kit for yourself!

I hope you enjoyed today's layout. Thanks for stopping by! Have a good one!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...