Monday, February 8, 2010

So Sorry and another recipe!!

I am so sorry I haven't posted lately but, alas, my poor computer is having some issues. I am in the process of trying to figure out the best route with it's repair. I wish I knew someone who was real good with computers and lived right next door to me! LOL...that would be great! If you know of anyone nearby, please let me know!

I have been creating a lot the past few days what with all the snow we were graced with over the weekend...2 feet of the fluffy stuff, not much else to do! But, I'm afraid I can't post any of the photos of my creations due to the fact that my old computer, which I have had to use the past few days, does not have the capability to accept my digital camera card. So you see my frustration?

I have taken tons of photos of the snow that I'd love to share with you along with all my layouts and cards that I've created while snowbound but, you'll just have to wait to see them. Something to look forward to!

I also made a couple loaves of the bestest bread ever while I've been stuck in the house and thought I would share the recipe with you.

English Muffin Loaves
Ingredients:
  • 2 pkg. yeast (envelopes)
  • 6 cups flour
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 cup water
  • cornmeal
Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda.
Heat liquids until very warm (120 degrees-130 degrees).
Add to dry mixture; beat well.
Stir in rest of flour to make stiff dough.

Spoon into two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool.

This is the most delicious bread! It's especially good for breakfast sandwiches! Enjoy!

Tip: Use a heavy duty mixer with a dough hook, if possible, as the dough can be quite stiff.




Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...