Monday, March 15, 2010

Close To My Heart~Chalk Popping Layout


Remember when I told you about the new episode of Art & Soul on CTMH TV the other day? Well, I mentioned that I was heading to my scraproom to create a layout similar to the one demonstrated in the video using the chalk technique and here it is.

Paper used is 'Caboodle', just like in the video. I used the Versamark inkpad to stamp the flower image, which comes from the 'Treasures' stamp set, on vellum then rubbed chalk on the image to make it pop! I used the Versamark inkpad and chalk for the little flowers on the journaling block, as well. Added a few embellishments and some photos and voila! It was done!

Well, except for the journaling, it's done! I am so bad about getting the journaling done. One of these days, I will sit down and do nothing but the journaling on all my layouts to get caught up. After all, journaling is a VERY important part of scrapbooking. It's all about the storytelling for passing down from generation to generation.

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...