Monday, March 29, 2010

Unscripted Sketches #48~CTMH Thank You Card




I tried something quite different on this week's Unscripted Sketches challenge and not too sure if I'm pleased with it or not. I think it'll have to 'grow' on me. Your opinion is greatly appreciated!

Anyway, I used 2 colors of reinkers, Hollyhock and Olive, to dye a paper coffee filter. I'm not totally thrilled with the results but it's not too bad. I put a few drops of reinker on a glass plate, then spritzed with a bit of water to blend the colors. Since I don't like to waste anything, I used the leftover reinker on the plate to color a piece of cardstock then used my die cut machine to punch out two leaves, then stamped the sentiment on another small piece. If you try this technique, please share your artwork. I'd love to see it!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!

~Carol~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...