Monday, May 3, 2010

Heart2HeartChallenges #5~H2H5~Happy Mother's Day!

Hello, hello! Week #5 for the Heart2Heart challenges. Can you believe it's been 5 weeks since this challenge was started? Where does the time go? Anyway, the challenge for this week is to make a Mother's Day card and that was an easy challenge since it is almost Mother's Day and I needed to make a card for my mom. (Mom, don't look at this post until after Mother's Day, please!)


I had fun with this card as it uses the new Splendor papers from Close To My Heart and they are quickly becoming a favorite of mine already. Actually, I like ALL the new papers in the newest idea book/catalog. If you haven't gotten your copy yet, give me a shout!

I also used the watercolor technique on this card. I stamped the flower image with Cocoa ink and let it dry real well. Then I dipped my waterbrush into little pools of ink that I created by pressing down on the inkpad lid while it was closed. Then you open it up and voila, you can paint! Try it sometime!

Supplies used are all Close To My Heart, as always!
  • X7124B Splendor paper pack
  • D1409 Flower Pot (April 2010 SOTM)
  • D1408 A Little Everything (March 2010 SOTM)
  • Z2123 Goldrush ink
  • Z2155 Topiary ink
  • Z2114 Cocoa ink
  • 1771 Waterbrush
  • Z1126 Colonial White Ribbon Collection
  • Z1219 Cocoa brads
  • Z1151 3-D Foam Tape


Okay, now it's your turn to do this challenge. Get creating and when you're done, be sure to go here and leave a link to your creation so the Heart2Heart DT can check it out. And while you're there, be sure to check out the awesome artwork created by all the Design Team members.

This week's prize sponsor is Adeline Brill. To see what she is giving away to one lucky winner this week, click here to go to her blog.

Have a great day!

~Carol~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...