Thursday, June 17, 2010

Close To My Heart Card~Just Because

Good Morning! Hope you all are having a great day! If you live anywhere near where I am then you are enjoying a very beautiful, sunny day. Days like this make me very happy and give me energy to get a lot done. So I am starting with posting some cards that I've created recently. I hope you enjoy them!

This first card was made using the Ghosting Technique that was shown in the new 'Wishes' cardmaking how-to-book from Close To My Heart. It's quite simple to do and leaves a nice look to your artwork. All you do is stamp an image with embossing ink, cover with clear embossing powder then heat. Using a sponge or dauber, rub ink color of your choice around the image, a little or a lot, depending on the effect you're looking for. Place a scrap piece of cardstock over your image, then iron it for a brief time with a dry iron. Remove the scrap piece of cardstock and voila! It's no longer an embossed image but a 'ghost' image. How cool is that?

I have enjoyed using this technique so much that I made a complete set of 4 of these cards with different sayings on them. If you would like to buy this set of cards for a cost of $10 which includes shipping, please contact me!

Thanks for stopping by today! Make it a good one!

~Carol~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...