Sunday, June 27, 2010

Close To My Heart~Cherry-O on Canvas

Here's my first attempt at playing with a canvas. I haven't printed out the photos of my granddaughter(s) that I want to put on here so it looks pretty plain but I wanted to post it anyway.
I painted it with acrylic paint first and let it dry real well. Then I very shakily (as I was nervous that I'd ruin it) stamped the designs on the corners with Chocolate ink and edged the canvas with the ink as well.
I don't know how well it will hold up but I did use double-sided tape along with brads for some extra reinforcement so I am hoping it will last awhile.

This second photo shows the tag that can hold another photo and/or journaling or both. I think I will put a small photo on it along with some journaling on the bottom. This was a lot of fun to create and I am very pleased with the results. Now, do I give this to my son and daughter-in-law or do I keep it for myself? Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

Thanks for popping in today!

~Carol~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...