Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two More Close To My Heart Cards


Here's a card I made for a very nice customer of mine who I have never met. I am friends with her best friend and that's how I became acquainted with her. She lives in the Erie, PA area so she is not local to me, hence the reason we have never met. I hope to meet her one day as she sounds like such a nice person and she has been a great customer of mine!

I used the Boom-Di-Ada papers on this card. I haven't played with them in like forever so it was really fun. I am also planning to use those papers again for any new artwork I create within the next few days since I still have quite a bit of it left and it is begging to be used!

I need to also mention that this card was based on a sketch over at Unscripted Sketches. I hadn't gotten the card done in time to enter in the weekly challenge but I still like to play with the awesome sketches those ladies come up with every week. If you've never checked them out, you really should! I always get inspired by their artwork.

This next card is also based on a sketch over at Unscripted Sketches, which happens to be the current week's sketch. This card was made using the 'Blue Ribbon' papers from Close To My Heart. I had dragged this paper pack out the other day looking for something patriotic to work with for an upcoming challenge over at the Heart2Heart blog and decided to make this thank you card for my dear friend, Ruthie. In spite of the fact that her 9 year old son has been battling leukemia for well over 2 years now, she always manages to think of me. How sweet is that? What a great friend! I finally got to spend a couple hours with her the other day at her home where she was holding an Alex's and Eli's (that's her son's name) Lemonade Stand to raise money for childhood cancer. While I was there, she gave me 2 t-shirts she had found that had sayings on them pertaining to scrapbooking. Now that's a real friend! She knows I LOVE scrapbooking and had to get those shirts for me. So Ruthie, this is my thank you card to you for always remembering me no matter what you're going through! Can't wait for you to come back to our monthly scrapbook classes. We all miss you!

The butterfly on this card is actually popped up a bit and looks more 3 dimensional in real life. Sorry you can't see that in the photo very well. The butterfly image is from the 'Whimsical Wings' stamp set and the 'thank you' image is from the May SOTM set called 'Cherish the Moment'. All supplies are from Close To My Heart as always!

Thanks again for stopping by today! I hope you have enjoyed my latest artwork!

~Carol~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...