Monday, February 21, 2011

Close To My Heart February Stamp of the Month Card


I wanted to share a card I made today with the February Stamp of the Month from Close To My Heart called 'Friendship'. I love how this card turned out. It is a standard size, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, which is my favorite size card to make.
I made the card with Sweet Leaf cardstock.
I added a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 Heavenly Blue cardstock for a mat.
I then stamped the image in Versamark ink on a piece of 3 3/4 x 5 Colonial White cardstock and heat embossed the images with Heavenly Blue embossing powder.
I then used a sponge to rub a bit of Sweet Leaf ink over and around the embossed images.
Using a tissue, I wiped off the excess ink from the embossed images.
I also embossed the sentiment with the Heavenly Blue embossing powder then matted it with Heavenly Blue cardstock and love how it looks.
I cut out another embossed image and popped it up next to the sentiment.
The Sweet Leaf ribbon tops it all off and adds just the right touch of elegance to the card.
Now who to give it to......hmmmm........that's gonna be tough!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy my card!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...