Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Another Close to my Heart Pair-a-Phrase Card

Oh. My. Goodness! I love, love, LOVE this card! I had an idea in my head today as I started to play with my new Pair-a-Phrase stamp set--which, by the way, you can receive FREE this month and next month in celebration of National Stamping Month--to use the cute little bicycle image on a card. Well, now I know this card does not have a bicycle image on it so let me tell you how I ended up using these butterflies instead.

I was searching for a small piece of Colonial White cardstock that would be large enough for the bicycle image and came across a piece of cardstock that I had previously cut a scalloped square from. So glad I didn't throw it away and this is exactly why I don't throw away anything I think may be useful later AND is also the reason my scraproom is always a mess! Ha ha!

Anyway, I found this piece of cardstock with a scalloped square in the middle and immediately went to work deciding what other cardstock colors to pair it with. Well, may I just tell you that I think the colors I chose were just perfect? You cannot go wrong when you put Black, Desert Sand and Colonial White together! I think it is my most favorite color combination.

So...once I chose the other colors and the size of the card I wanted to make, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", I had to decide how to add an image into the center of the scalloped square. And here's where my original idea changed...it was too small for the bicycle image but just perfect for these cute butterflies. I colored them in with a cotton swab dipped in Desert Sand ink and love the look! I also added a small Licorice Opaque Pearl on the two main butterflies and popped up the wings on the teeny, tiny one.

I then stamped the words...all you need is love...in Black ink, wrapped some Colonial White ribbon around the bottom of the card and tied it into a bow, decorated the inside with the butterflies image and called it a day! I am very pleased with how it turned out! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by today.
Happy Scrampin'!

~Carol


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...