Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Day of Thanks

I know it's a bit early for Thanksgiving but I wanted to share this beautiful card I made while playing around in my scraproom a couple days ago. I am planning a card workshop soon and was trying to come up with some really nice designs for Thanksgiving cards. But as this card evolved, I decided it would be too elaborate for a workshop. It would just take way too long to make. So this card will have to be saved for someone special to receive from me when Thanksgiving rolls around. Could that special someone be you?

Now for the details....I was inspired by a gal by the name of Wanda Cullen, I believe, on Splitcoast Stampers recently who posted a card much like the design of my card. Her card is absolutely beautiful! If you check it out, I'm sure you will agree. At the moment I can't seem to locate her card but will keep searching then post a link when I find it. I am so amazed at all the great talent out there and get so much inspiration from them all.

This is a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card, my favorite size to work with as it usually will go through the mail more easily unless it's too lumpy and bumpy like this one happens to be ;-) This may need to be hand-delivered.

Supplies used are all Close To My Heart:

  • C1473 Remarkable Wreath stamp set (Love this set)
  • D1444 A Little Thanks stamp set (Just a little note)
  • X7142B Dreamin' paper pack
  • Autumn Terracotta (put through a dotted swiss Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background), Chocolate and Sunflower cardstocks
  • Desert Sand, Autumn Terracotta and Chocolate inks
  • Z1612 Foundry Pin Clips
  • Z1081 Colonial White Waxy Flax
  • Z1151 3D Foam Tape
  • Bamboo Brad
  • Retired Ribbon
  • Die cuts were made with the new Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge available only through Close To My Heart and myself
I hope you have enjoyed my card today. If you notice I have forgotten to mention any supplies I have used here, please let me know.

Happy Scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...