Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More Close To My Heart Roxie/Pair-a-Phrase Cards for You

On these first 2 cards I used the Z1380 Spray Pen to create a little visual interest on the card base. I put a few drops of Z2214 Cocoa re-inker in the pen then added some water to the seventh line on the pen. I gave the pen a few quick shakes then a couple squirts and voila...splatters almost where I wanted them. Ha ha! Love the effect though! I let the card base dry then stamped the swirly image (on the first card) in Z2114 Cocoa ink before adhering the strips of X7140B Roxie paper. I stamped the flower basket image which comes from the CC1014 Pair-a-Phrase stamp set (ask me how you can get one FREE) in Cocoa ink then colored it in with a cotton swab dabbed into Z2118 Desert Sand, Z2196 Smoothie and Z2153 Sweet Leaf inks. LOVE the muted effect produced by a cotton swab.

 Before I go any further, I need to mention that each of these cards was cut using the new Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy  cartridge exclusive to Close To My Heart. They are all 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch cards.

Again, I used the Spray Pen on this card. Why waste all that re-inker and water, right? The flowers were cut with the Cricut cartridge then stamped with the flower image that coordinates with the cartridge image. How cool is that? I used some Roxie scraps and a corrugated parentheses from the Z1464 Milepost Shapes by CTMH. Added a Z1365 Cocoa brad, small piece of Z280 Natural Hemp and a sentiment and it was done!
LOVE this card! Again, I used Roxie scraps along with a 4 1/2 inch piece of the zip strip from a sheet of the Roxie paper. I sanded the edges of the X5912 Desert Sand and Bamboo cardstocks and Roxie paper to bring out the white core. The edges of the X5901 Colonial White cardstock square were inked with Cocoa. I used another corrugated piece from the Milepost Shapes pack, 2 leaf images cut with the Cricut cartridge, then stamped with the coordinating leaf image that was inked with Desert Sand, Smoothie and Cocoa inks using the tissue technique. Cocoa brads, hemp and a sentiment finished it off!
 I also need to mention that these cards were created using designs from the 9033 Wishes cardmaking program from Close To My Heart. This is an invaluable resource if you love to create your own handmade cards.

Another corrugated piece was used here as well as a couple images from the Pair-a-Phrase stamp set. I added some Z1387 Wooden Buttons that have Z1081 Colonial White Waxy Flax threaded through the holes to this card and love how they look.


Isn't this little owl image just too cute? I've never seen a pink owl before so I had to color it with Desert Sand ink in various shades and even though he doesn't stand out as much as I'd liked, he's still cute! Seeing it 'in real life' makes a difference.

Another shape from the Z1464 Milepost Shapes pack, a Z1387 Wooden Button and a Z1365 Colonial White brad round out this funky shaped card.


I hope you have enjoyed my cards today! If you are interested in purchasing the supplies necessary to make these cards at home, please give me a shout!

Have a great day!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...