Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas Card A Day-Day 13

Okay so this isn't a drop dead gorgeous, knock your socks off, awesome card but it'll have to do. Looks like my drop dead gorgeous, knock your socks off, awesomeness is hiding today! I apologize because I know you were really waiting with bated breath for my post today, right?

This was originally not going to be a Christmas card as the pieces had already been cut and prepped for a thank you card similar to another one I recently made but feeling under the gun here, I decided to steal it for my last 12 (or 13 as it turned out) Days of Christmas card.

The card base is made with Bamboo cardstock, is standard size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and opens on the right. I used the pretty X7146B Wonderland papers again with the main colors being Twilight, Heavenly Blue and Chocolate. I am enjoying playing with them as they are perfect not only for Christmas cards but for any papercrafting project.

For the tree, I used an older Christmas stamp set called 'A1110 A Timber' that I've had since last year at this time but one that I still love. I made it look 3D by stamping the tree image 3 times in Twilight ink, cutting them out then gluing them together. It's hard to see but there are several bitty sparkles on the tree for decorations.

I also used another older stamp set called D1166 Vintage Christmas, which is another one I still love, for the words 'Christmas', stamped in second generation Chocolate ink.

It's not easy to see but the music image from D1477 Universal Backgrounds was stamped with second generation Chocolate ink on the piece of Heavenly Blue cardstock.

The little words, Merry Christmas, come from a stamp set called D1112 Seasonal Celebration. I apologize if some of these stamp sets are no longer available. I have so many stamp sets that I still love and use fairly regularly so you will see me use them from time to time.

I like how this turned out but it still seems like it might be missing something or maybe it's just me! What do you think?

I hope you have been enjoying my 12 (13 actually) Days of Christmas cards. I wish to thank a sister consultant, Paige Dolecki, for the inspiration for this endeavor. I took advantage of this opportunity to get my cards made for sending out to my friends and family members so I really did accomplish what I set out to do. That's always a good feeling!

Thanks for stopping in! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...