Monday, January 9, 2012

Heart 2 Heart Challenges Revisited

I haven't contributed to the Heart 2 Heart challenges in forever but I happen to have some extra time on my hands for the first time in awhile....hmmm, why is that? I MUST be forgetting to do SOMETHING! I'm sure it'll hit me when it's too late! But anyway.....

.......this week's challenge is to create something with either a NEW stamp image or one that hasn't seen ink in awhile. I chose to use the November 2011 Stamp of the Month: Cherish the Day because this is the first time I've had a chance to use the January image. My hubby's birthday is coming up and I needed to make him a card so this is what I came up with. Nothing fancy as he's not a fancy guy but I know he will appreciate this card.

I used the Sonoma papers and a zip strip from one of the papers to create this standard size card. I used an image from the Weathered Backgrounds stamp set (no longer available) and inked the base of the card in second generation Bamboo ink. I distressed the edges of some of the papers and the Cocoa cardstock by sanding them with a sanding block. I stamped the January 'ticket' in Cocoa ink and the number '15' in Olive ink. Punched a couple holes in the 'ticket' and tied a small bow with hemp to finish the card. Very quick, easy and simple.

Thanks for stopping in today! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...