Friday, January 20, 2012

A Heart 2 Heart Color Challenge

Here's my creation for this week's Heart2Heart challenge. It's a color challenge using Crystal Blue and Amethyst PLUS you are encouraged to throw in a bit of shine and sparkle with glitter.

I am not a huge fan of glitter because it makes a huge mess and I always get it all over my clothes, my face and my craft room. It is not easy to clean up and that frustrates me but alas! Close To My Heart makes an awesome Glitter Gel that comes in a little squeeze bottle and is so easy to use with no mess! Love it!

I apologize for the poor quality of my photo since you aren't really able to see just how nicely that Glitter Gel looks but if you look closely, you may see a little sparkle in the center of the small Crystal Blue snowflake on the ribbon. The itty bitty teeny tiny snowflakes that I stamped in second generation Chocolate ink on the pattern paper also have a teeny tiny dab of the Glitter Gel in their itty bitty centers.

The card base was created with Chocolate cardstock in the standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" size. The Amethyst cardstock was cut to 4" x 5 1/4" and the piece of snowflake pattern paper from Wonderland was cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".

The Crystal Blue snowflakes were cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge that is only available through yours truly or any other CTMH consultant, of course!

The big brad is one of the Shimmer Designer Brads. I also used the wide Dark Chocolate Striped Ribbon to tie in with the card base.

The 'Sending Warm Wishes' comes from a new stamp set called 'A Garden', that will be available in the new catalog coming February 1st so you just got a little sneak peek!

Okay now it's your turn to create something for this challenge! Thanks for stopping by! I hope I inspired you if even just a little!

Happy Scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...