Friday, April 13, 2012

Days 15 & 16 of '28 Days of Sketches'

HERE ARE THE NEXT 2 layouts for the online class I am taking. I brought out some of my Dreamin' papers for this layout. Dreamin' is no longer available but is still one of my favorite paper packs - so how appropriate to scrap about my favorite tree with some of my favorite papers! The 'A Tree' stamp set was also perfect for this layout.

WE PLANTED THIS BIRCH TREE when it was just a teeny tiny twig way back in 1993 when we first moved into our new home. We have marveled at it's beauty year after year. It has given us much enjoyment through the years and we truly hope that it outlasts us because we would surely miss it if it wasn't here.

I REACHED WAY INTO my stash to find the papers I used for this layout - Mayberry. I still have so much of this and I am so happy to be using it up!

I TOOK THIS PHOTO of my daffodils this morning - I actually took a TON of them - but chose only this one to feature on my layout because I just couldn't force myself to cut up the other photos into 2 x 2 squares. I chose to create scalloped 2 x 2 squares using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from Close to My Heart instead. The title was cut with the Jasmine Alphabet Cricut cartridge. All papers and embellishments are from Close to My Heart.

I HOPE you've enjoyed my layouts today! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...