Monday, August 20, 2012

Have I mentioned lately.....

......how much I LOVE the new Dakota paper pack from Close To My Heart? No? Wait, I think I have but that's okay because I have yet another layout to share with you. I think you'll like it but YOU let me know by leaving a comment for me and if I receive at least 10 comments, I will randomly pick a name to receive a little something from me! Now on to the layout......

wanting to use up some shapes (swirls) cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge awhile ago, I really wasn't sure how they would look with these papers but I really like the effect. What do you think?

I recently bought more of the metal hinges, which I really love, so I wanted to use some of them on this layout as well. I think they worked perfectly with the birdboxes, don't you?

I also had a ton of clear buttons that I hadn't used in awhile and thought they would work great here, too.

I think I may have gone a little brad-crazy but I like how they look adorning the space around the swirls.  And the little scraps of burlap ribbon (love that ribbon!) added a nice finishing touch. Would you agree?

Here's a close-up shot of the smaller photo so you could see that I attached one of the new small Flip Flaps to the page and used the photo hinge to hold it in place. Flip Flaps are a GREAT way to get more photos on your layout - sometimes you have a ton of photos of a subject or special event and you aren't sure which ones to scrap or you want to scrap them ALL - Flip Flaps are great for that! ;-)

The next photo shows the flap open to reveal the journaling box underneath as well as another photo. I still have to write the journaling yet. That is the hardest part for me so I always save it for last.


Supplies used are all CTMH unless noted:

  • X7157B - Dakota paper pack
  • D1412 - Noted Backgrounds stamp set (n/a)
  • C1304 - Sans Alphabet stamp set (n/a)
  • Z1792 - DE Awards Chipboard Shapes
  • Z1747 - Memory Protectors Flip Flaps
  • Z1701 - Baker's Twine
  • Z1760 - Burlap Ribbon (LOVE this!)
  • Z1366 - Black & Pewter Brads
  • Z1402 - Pewter Hinges (n/a)
  • Z282 - Black Hemp
  • Z1391 - Clear Buttons
  • Z2105 - Black Ink
  • Z1686 - Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
Sorry there were 3 products no longer available but if you wanted to 'lift' this layout for yourself, you can certainly use other items in your own stash. 

I hope you like the layout! Okay, now it's time to leave me a comment and be nice, please! ;-) 

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...