Monday, September 17, 2012

From The Heart Book

Here is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time after seeing something similar on Pinterest. Good old Pinterest! What would we all do without that awesome 'bulletin board'? Loving it for inspiration on just about ANYTHING. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic sort of....

.....this is a book I put together today of all the greeting cards - store-bought (gasp!) as well as handmade - that my husband and I received this year. The cards we gave each other for birthdays and holidays are also in here - not just cards from others.


This year's book is probably one that will be a tad bit fatter than other years I plan to do from now on as this was the year we lost my mother-in-law and we received so many lovely sympathy cards that I just couldn't part with them.

Here is an inside view of the book showing a few of the cards. There are 23 of them in here and I am sure I missed a card or two but will easily be able to add them in when I find them. The binder rings I used are silver but I am planning to change them out to match the antique brass heart that adorns the front cover as soon as I find some that are at least 1 1/2" in diameter.

I had fun making this today and it actually worked up pretty quickly. The most time-consuming part was punching all the gosh darn holes in the cards! It was well worth it though! I'm thinking a separate book for the Christmas cards will be nice, too! Maybe I'll start working on the front & back covers and have it ready to add all those gorgeous Christmas cards we receive every year.

I hope you will try something like this with all the greeting cards you've received this year and I'd love to see it!

Thanks for stopping in! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...