Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Candle

I've had this glass jar for quite some time now and finally decided to do something with it. I cut a strip of patterned paper from the Close to my Heart Florentine paper pack 12" x 2 1/2" long then had to cut a smaller piece 1" x 2 1/2" to connect to it in order for it to go all around the inside of the jar.

I randomly stamped the words - "Fabulous Fall" and "Autumn is nature at it's best", from the C1504 Fall Harvest stamp set, in Cocoa pigment ink on the long strip of paper and inked the edges of the paper. Then I stamped three leaves and an acorn with the Cocoa pigment ink and colored them in with Autumn Terracotta and Desert Sand inks. I cut them out, adhered them to the strip of paper and added a small Z280 Hemp bow.
Next I adhered a folded-over strip of Z1760 Burlap Ribbon around the top of the jar by using a couple strips of double-sided sticky tape. I added a double hemp bow around it, put a battery-operated candle inside and called it done!

Actually as I sit here looking at the candle while writing this post, I made the bow on the leaves just a tad bit smaller and may end up just replacing it with a knot instead. I think it conflicts too much with the larger bow on the outside.

I am wondering how bright the candle will look at night. It's a small one and probably won't be very effective so I may have to change it out for a larger one. Anyone out there know if they make larger ones and where they can be purchased?

The best part about this quick & easy project? The paper inside can be changed out depending on the season or holiday because it is not adhered to the glass. Isn't that clever? I'm already thinking ahead to Christmas - not only for changing the paper out but for giving as gifts!

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...