Thursday, November 1, 2012

Close To My Heart Scholastic - School Days Mini Album

I had so much fun creating this cute little mini album. I got the general instructions from a YouTube video and when I remember the person's channel, I will share that with you. I am so bad about writing that info down right away and then totally forget all about it. ;-(
UPDATE: here's the link to the YouTube video to create the basic pages of this album.

Anyway, I was able to use up more of my paper stash on this but not as much as I'd like to. I still have way too much!

The main papers used are from the Scholastic paper pack from Close To My Heart's current catalog with a few pieces of Typeset from an earlier catalog.

The title letters were cut with the Artiste Cricut cartridge as well as all the mats and journaling spots that look like notebook paper.

The second photo shows the inside of the front cover and the first page. The stamped images are from the Scholastic workshop kit stamp set.

The tag was cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. The scalloped circles were punched out of black cardstock with the 2" scalloped punch by Close To My Heart.


The next two photos show more inside pages where I added some small Flip Flaps

and more stamped images that I didn't completely glue down so that a photo may be tucked under it.


There are 3 different pockets in each page of this album - one in the front where I stamped an image from the Library Cards stamp set to make journaling spots - one at the top - then when you turn the page, there's another library pocket for a tag.

I also connected a journaling spot to the top of a piece of cardstock with a brad so that it can be turned out of the way to add a photo under it. Pretty clever, huh?
 You can see on the tops of the tags I put numbers. To keep the bulkiness down, rather than using ribbon or brads, I decided to use those cute little epoxy number dots from the Memo Assortment pack and I like how it looks.
 Another inside page showing two really small Flip Flaps. I think they are just too cute, those little clear Flip Flaps. You can add more than one photo in each flap although they would be quite small so you could use them to hold a piece of memorabilia if you'd rather - whatever fits in them.
 And again you can see where I stamped images and didn't totally adhere them to the pages so a photo can be tucked behind it.
Here is the last page with another photo mat that has a movable journaling tag on top plus a photo can be tucked behind the stamped image on the inside back cover.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my newest mini album creation. It will be for sale as soon as I am done admiring it so let me know if you are interested!

Supplies used are all from Close To My Heart unless noted:

  • X7159B Scholastic paper packet
  • C1517 Scholastic workshop stamp set
  • C1278 Library Cards stamp set
  • Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
  • Z1790 Artiste Cricut cartridge
  • Z1766 Memo Assortment
  • Z1747 Flip Flaps
  • Z1711 Foundry Binder Clips
  • Z1365 Colonial White brads
  • Z1366 Black brads
  • Z280 Natural Hemp
  • Pewter brads, swirl & photo clips
  • Black, Juniper & twill ribbon
  • Black, Vineyard Berry, Juniper & Desert Sand inks
  • Z1294 Sanding Block
  • Bind-It-All binding machine by Zutter
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy scrampin'!

~Carol


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...