Sunday, December 30, 2012

My December Sewing Projects

I used to be quite a seamstress back in the day and after purchasing a new sewing machine in September, I was inspired to start creating with fabric again. So I asked some of the female members of my family - daughter & daughter-in-law specifically - what they would like me to make for them for Christmas gifts and here is what they got!

 A simple purse I made for my daughter - you know - the one who already has a TON of purses! What EVER made me think she needed another one? And why did she even ASK me to make her one? She loved this anyway, especially the really cool stitching I made on it. I LOVE my new sewing machine! Now I need to look for some nice fabric to make one of these purses for my daughter-in-law.


An apron created with my daughter-in-law in mind because I discovered she really LOVES aprons. I will be making another one for her soon.



Here is the apron I made especially for my daughter after she asked me nicely one day - so, what color apron did you make ME? Oh no! I hadn't made it yet so I had to scramble to get it done before Christmas! She loves it and I am happy I got it done for her!
Here is one of my favorite sewing projects - this lovely tote bag made out of the most gorgeous grape fabric. I wish I had bought more of this fabric because I sure do love it. I hope the store didn't run out of it because I really need to get more!

I made the tote bag for my daughter along with a set of 4 placemats out of the same fabric. I forgot to take a photo of the placemats but they were just a basic rectangular shape, nothing fancy as I was running out of time.




Not to forget the little females in the family - my granddaughters - here are a couple aprons I made for the two youngest ones who are just too stinkin' cute!

The first one is bright yellow with bees on it and Scarlet absolutely loved it! Her little sister seemed to like it, too, so I had to make one for her.

This is Aveney's apron but since I just finished it yesterday, she didn't have it in time for Christmas. ;-( But it will be a nice surprise for her when she gets it in the mail soon. It is too stinkin' cute - just like her - with those ladybugs all over it! I think she's going to like it!

Well, that's it for today! I hope you have enjoyed my sewing projects as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you. If you ever want me to make anything special for you, let me know! You can also check out my Handmade Paper & Fabric Creations page on Facebook from time to time for some unique gift items or give me a shout!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope your day is great and your New Year's celebration even better! Stay healthy & safe and I'll see you all next year! ;-)

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...