Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ATC's Anyone?

Anyone out there still create ATC's? Ya know, those cute, quick and easy little Artist Trading Cards that were all the rage awhile back? Well, maybe they still are the rage but I'm not sure as I don't spend a lot of time online searching for such information. If you create ATC's, please leave me a comment and share your website or blog where you have some posted. I'd love to see them!

If you aren't sure what an ATC is, here is a brief explanation. They are small pieces of artwork approximately 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" in size. They can be decorated in whatever way you wish and are quick to create due to their small size. They can be traded with other people who make them and it's fun to see the different styles of artwork.

ATC's can be added to a scrapbook layout as an embellishment or attached to a greeting card. You can also glue magnets to the back and put on your refrigerator to hold children's artwork or important notes. You can also just display them on this cute little ATC holder by 7 Gypsies like I do. I have actually had this holder for quite some time - not sure if they are still available to purchase - and am just now trying to remember to create an ATC with the scraps from any recent projects I finish. I hope that helps you to understand what they are all about and how fun they can be to make and/or share.


The images on the December 2012 stamp of the month set from Close To My Heart are just perfect for using on ATC's. This is the first chance I've had to play with it and I immediately knew that's exactly what I wanted to create with these cute little images.


There are 12 images - one for each of the 12 months - but I have only played with the first 6 images so far. I will share the other 6 when they're completed.


Hope you have enjoyed my artwork today. If you also have some ATC's to share, I'd love to see them so I can get more ideas and inspiration from YOU! Thanks for stopping by! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...