Monday, January 21, 2013

Fancy Folds Technique - Close To My Heart Style

This week's Heart2Heart challenge is 'Fancy Folds' technique. Well, I don't know that you can call all the folds I did on my card 'fancy' but they certainly are folds! I'm not even sure my fancy folds have names either. I was just having fun folding the papers to see what effect I could achieve. I am actually very happy with the end result. It looks great in person! You should see it - you would agree! Haha!


Supplies used are all Close To My Heart unless noted:
X7157B Dakota paper pack
S1212 Dec 2012 SOTM - Year Round Cheer (n/a)
D1477 Universal Backgrounds stamp set (one of my faves)*
Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (heart shapes)
Z1701 Neutral Baker's Twine
Z1366 Black brads
Z1151 3D Foam Tape
Z2163 White Daisy Pigment Ink
Z2105 Black Ink

*Not sure if you can see from the photo but I stamped the musical notes image from this stamp set in second generation on the white piece of cardstock where I stamped the cute little birdie. I also stamped the canvas image from this stamp set onto the black cardstock piece using the White Daisy pigment ink.

After creating the little window by cutting a 2" square in the center of the 3" woodgrain paper square, I folded the flaps back and secured them with brads then popped the whole piece up with the 3D foam tape.

The strip of pattern paper at the bottom of the card is really nothing too fancy, just a bunch of folds to create some dimension and sort of make it look like ribbon.

I cut out 4 small hearts - 2 each of 2 different sizes - then folded them in half before gluing just in the center so they pop up. I also used a black marker to make faux stitches down the center of the hearts. 

I inked the edges of everything with black ink except the black cardstock to help it pop off the background. I added a small piece of baker's twine under the birdie's feet to look like a branch and called it done!

Okay, if you'd like to join in on this week's challenge, please create something with Fancy Folds in any way you interpret it and please remember to use as many Close To My Heart products as possible in your creation. Then go here to link up your artwork so we can see it. Have fun!

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...