Monday, January 14, 2013

I LOVE Hot Cocoa

This week's Heart2Heart challenge is all about one of my favorite beverages - hot cocoa - and here is a card I created with one of my favorite stamp sets from Close To My Heart - A1109 A Sip. Doesn't it make you want a cup of hot cocoa right now?


I hadn't done any embossing in awhile so I wanted to use that technique on this card. The card is a standard size - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" - made with X5928 Saddle cardstock. 

I first stamped the image of the cup with Z891 Versamark ink then used Z1246 Cocoa embossing powder on it and heated it up. After it cooled, I cut it out and popped it up. The swirl of steam was also stamped first with the Versamark ink then embossed with Cocoa embossing powder as well. I mounted it all on a piece of Saddle cardstock, tied a piece of Z1701 Chocolate baker's twine around it then mounted it on top of a piece of 1388 Colonial White cardstock that I had random stamped the words - tea, coffee and cocoa in Z2114 Cocoa ink. 

I stamped the verse in Z2171 Saddle ink on a piece of Colonial White cardstock and mounted it on X5642 Cocoa cardstock. The edges of all cardstock pieces were inked in Cocoa ink. I added a bit of bling to the steam swirl with Z1333 Mocha Opaques to finish it off. 

So you see, I rocked this week's Heart2Heart challenge, didn't I? Haha! Well, I did use cocoa in my artwork and it's now making me want a cup of hot cocoa but I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I hope you'll create something for this week's challenge, too! 

Thanks for stopping by! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...