Monday, January 7, 2013

Snow Much Fun 2

I made this card as well as the 'White Christmas' layout - featured in my earlier post from today - for this week's 'Snow Much Fun' Heart 2 Heart challenge and wanted to share it with you. I debated which one to use as my main artwork since I liked them both but decided to go with the layout since most of the time cards are featured in these challenges and a layout is a nice change. 

The blue color featured in my card is Pacifica, which happens to be one of my favorite ink colors from Close To My Heart. Although I only used one generation of Pacifica ink on this card, it is such an intense color that you can get at least 6 - maybe 7 - different shades of it before the stamp runs out of ink. It's amazing! 

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. Can you see the 6 generations of Pacifica snowflakes? I probably could have gotten one more snowflake stamped - it would have been very light and hard to see but it would have been there just the same!

Go ahead and grab your Pacifica ink or any other dark, intense color and see how many generations you can get from it. It's really fun to see the different shades you get from one stamped image before running out of ink.

The snowflake image featured on both cards comes from the G1052 Pear & Partridge Scrapbooking Workshop stamp set. The die cut snowflakes on the first card were made with the Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and are found on page 22 (I used the center part of the snowflake) & page 27.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope it's a good one for you!

~Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...