Monday, January 7, 2013

Snow Much Fun

It's the beginning of a new year and the beginning of a new challenge! Are you up for it? I know I am! I need some inspiration and motivation to help me survive the long cold winter and this is just the ticket!

As stated in an earlier post, I am now a member of the All-Star Alumnae Design Team for the Heart2Heart challenge blog and this is our very first challenge for this team and of the new year!

If you'd like to participate in this challenge, Snow Much Fun, feel free to create anything that is related to snow, winter, cold, ice or anything similar you can think of as I'm sure I'm missing something. Please try to use as many Close to my Heart products as possible in your artwork and be sure to go here to link it up. We'd love to see what you create! While you are there, check out the awesome artwork created by the Design Team.

Here is what I created for this challenge. It is rare for us here in my area of the Mid-Atlantic to have snow at Christmastime so this was indeed a treat for us. It didn't amount to much but it sure was pretty and helped set the Christmas-y mood for us all. 


Supplies used are all Close to my Heart except the metal snowflake 
on the left side of the layout and the old wooden dots stamp.

I printed an 8 1/2" x 11" black & white photo of the snow on my deck & railing then mounted it on White Daisy cardstock and inked the edges in Z2173 Slate ink. I random stamped a few snowflakes, large and small, from the C1514 Pear & Partridge Scrapbooking Workshop stamp set in 3 generations of Z2173 Slate ink. I filled in the blank spaces between the snowflakes with some inked dots from a very old wooden stamp. 

I used the Z1686 Art Philosophy and Z1790 Artiste Cricut cartridges to cut snowflakes in different sizes then added some Z1104 Sparkles (no longer available) and Z1263 Bitty Sparkles in their centers.

I stamped the right bottom corner of the layout with a border image from the C1514 Pear & Partridge Scrapbooking Workshop stamp set to fill in the empty corner. I liked how that looked so I stamped the same image on the corner of the journaling tag and tucked it behind the smaller photo that I popped up with Z1151 3-D Foam Tape. 

I stamped the verse at the bottom of the large photo in Z2105 Black ink. It says, Christmas waves a magic wand over the world and behold everything is softer and more beautiful ~ Norman Vincent Peale. I love that! 

Now it's your turn to start creating something Snow Much Fun and share it with us! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy your day!

~Carol



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...