Monday, February 25, 2013

CAS means Clean & Simple

This week's challenge over at the Heart2Heart challenge blog is all about keeping it clean & simple. I LOVE clean & simple, in fact the cleaner and simpler the better. I like to be sure when I create a card to send to someone near and dear to me that it arrives in one piece and not all mangled from the postal machines. Clean & simple cards are perfect for mailing. Generally they will arrive just as nicely as when they got mailed out. Anyway here are a couple clean & simple cards that I created for this challenge and one I created a few days ago and realized that it was perfect for this challenge, too. All three cards are standard-size measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".

I created this card with the stamp set that is included in the G1061 Chantilly Cardmaking Workshop on the Go kit. I stamped the images in black ink on white cardstock then drew a black line with a marker using the edge of an acrylic block to sort of frame the images. I then stamped the flame on top of the candle with Sunny Yellow ink. I mounted that piece onto a piece of Sunny Yellow cardstock then both of those layers onto another piece of black cardstock. I attached all three layers onto a White Daisy card and called it done!


This next card was created with 2 different stamp sets - the one in the G1061 Chantilly Cardmaking Workshop kit again and one from the C1537 Honeycomb set.

Using White Daisy cardstock, I stamped the honeycomb image in several generations of Pacifica ink then stamped the 'happy birthday' in first generation Pacifica. I then mounted that piece onto a piece of Pacifica cardstock then both onto a White Daisy card base. Very clean & simple!

For my last card....using the Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, I cut 9 pieces of image 'Square 6' on page 24 at 1 1/4". I then mounted them as evenly as I could onto a White Daisy card base. I stamped 'Sorry for your loss' from the D1510 4 My Friend stamp set in black ink then added a line with a black marker again all around to frame everything and that was it! Clean & Simple!


I hope you have enjoyed my clean & simple artwork I shared today. If you'd like to check out the fabulous artwork created by Design Team B on the Heart2Heart challenge blog and maybe even join in this week's challenge, click here. Be sure to leave us a direct link to your artwork so we can see what you're created!

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...