Monday, February 18, 2013

Tag You're It!!!

The third Heart2Heart challenge for February is all about tags. Tags come in all shapes and sizes and there are so many ways to decorate them. I've used them many times in my papercrafting projects, mainly for journaling but they can also be added as a decorative element on a card or scrapbook page. They are perfect in mini albums for journaling or even showcasing photos too, as you'll see in my second piece of artwork in this post.


My first project is a single page layout I created using the For Always paper pack. I added some Lagoon cardstock for some 'pop'! Lagoon looks so pretty with the black & white papers, don't you think? 


Here's a closeup of the pocket I made to hold 3 tags that will work great for either photos or journaling. You can see I used various buttons, ribbon and baker's twine to decorate the tags.


And here is a closeup of the 2 tags that slide out from the side of the pocket. So there are 5 tags all together to hold photos or journaling. 


Showing a closeup of the wording - There is Beauty All Around When There's Love at Home - that I embossed in white embossing powder on vellum then mounted on top of a piece of Whisper cardstock. Adding some paper butterflies and a bit of bling here and there finishes off the page nicely.


My second project is a mini album that I made with the Dakota paper pack.


I created 5 pockets then put the album together so that 3 of them open on the side and the other 2 open at the top. Each of the pockets holds a tag and can be used for photos or journaling. I punched 2 holes on the side of all 5 pockets then tied the album together with the Slate Polka Dot ribbon


Here's a couple of the inside pages showing how I decorated them. I made more pockets to hold even more tags and mats for photos. Love how this mini album turned out. Perhaps you'd like to make one, too? Contact me for the supply list and I'll get you started. 


Thanks for stopping by today! If you'd like to join in this week's Heart2Heart challenge, link up your creation so we can check it out. Be sure to check out the awesome artwork by Design Team A while you're there! You will be inspired for sure!

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...