Monday, February 4, 2013

The First February Heart2Heart Challenge

The first Heart2Heart challenge for February is all about home decor. I am always trying to create something to display here in my home so this challenge was perfect! I've created a name frame for my family. I had this black wooden frame that I believe I bought at the Dollar Store, for quite some time and finally decided to do something with it. I had an idea in my head of how I wanted it to look and this came pretty darn close! I am quite pleased with it and I hope you enjoy it.


I first stamped the script image from the D1477 Universal Backgrounds stamp set, which happens to be one of my faves, onto the white mat in second generation black ink. It was a bit tricky and if you look real closely, you just might see some small mistakes but nothing too noticeable. I then stamped the scroll image from C1503 The Best Things stamp set in the four corners of the white mat over the previous stamping. I mounted the mat onto a piece of pattern paper from the X7165B For Always paper pack then went to town decorating the outside of the frame.

Supplies used to decorate the frame in addition to the items listed above:
Hearts cut with the Z1790 Artiste Cricut cartridge (pg 51) out of Ruby cardstock
Scrolls cut with the Z1686 Art Philospohy Cricut cartridge (pg 58) out of Ruby cardstock
Four zip strips from the For Always pattern paper 
The four names were cut from White Daisy cardstock with the font from the Artiste Cricut cartridge
The 'Love' at the bottom of the frame on the left was cut with the Artiste cartridge (pg 66) 4 times in White Daisy cardstock then each one was mounted on top of the next one to create a multi-layered word. I then cut the same word out with a piece of pattern paper and glued it to the top of the layers.
The word 'Family' came from the D1506 Family Love stamp set
The large letters were cut 2 1/2" tall with the Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge in Ruby cardstock
I cut several flowers from the pattern paper using the Artiste cartridge and glued them to three corners of the frame
I made a knot with the Z1781 Striped grosgrain ribbon and attached it to the upper left hand corner
A few buttons, brads and Z1335 Licorice Opaques scattered here & there and I called it done! 
Finally! Whew! It was quite an undertaking but so well worth every minute spent on it.

But alas! I wasn't totally satisfied with creating just ONE new home decor item so here is another one I made that I love just as much as the frame even though it's much smaller. 


This is a 4"x 6" photo of my lovely daughter-in-law and 2 of her daughters - the third one was missing from the photo opportunity. It was a rare day indeed that the little ones actually cooperated to produce a great photo. Aren't they all just too precious? 

Supplies used are all CTMH unless noted:
X7164B Buzz & Bumble paper packet
C1537 Honeycomb stamp set
Z1818 6" x 6" Canvas
Z1831 Buzz & Bumble Assortment
Z1844 Trinkets Wooden Shapes (love these!)
Z1753 Sparkles Assortment
Z2191 Sunset ink
Z2123 Goldrush ink
Z2175 Cashmere ink
Z2114 Cocoa ink
Z2167 Creme Brulee ink
Small piece of Colonial White grosgrain ribbon (n/a) and a staple on the journaling tag behind the photo

Thanks for stopping by today. If I inspire you to create a home decor piece for this week's challenge, please post a link to your artwork on the Heart2Heart blog so we can see what you've created.

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...