Monday, March 4, 2013

First March Heart2Heart Challenge

Yea! It's finally March! I am so happy that it's almost Spring time! I can't wait to see the crocuses and daffodils peeking out of the ground getting ready to bloom. I am getting so excited because soon I will be able to start some veggie seeds. There is nothing as yummy as eating your own homegrown veggies. If you grow your own, you know what I'm talking about.

This week's Heart2Heart challenge is all about 'Springing Forward' so anything pertaining to spring, the sun, time change or however you interpret it will work fine for this challenge. Since I will be planting veggie seeds soon, I chose to create a one page layout featuring the seed packets. I took close-up photos of all the seed packets, printed them out at wallet-size then trimmed them down for this layout.



The background is an 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" sheet of pattern paper from the X7157B Dakota paper pack mounted on a 12" x 12" piece of White Daisy cardstock. I cut the sun from the Graphically Speaking Cricut cartridge, stamped the short spokes of it with an image from the C1549 Buzz & Bumble scrapbook workshop kit stamp set and popped the ends up with Z1151 3D Foam Tape. I arranged the photos on top of the longer spokes of the sun then tucked 4 more photos into the center part of the sun.

I then stamped the Seeds image on White Daisy cardstock, colored it in with Z2150 Sunflower and Z2123 Goldrush inks using a blending pen then mounted it next to the number 4 in the center. The number 4 and the word 'planting' were cut with the Z1790 Cricut Artiste cartridge. The words 'almost time' were stamped in black ink using the B1416 Keyboard Uppercase Alphabet stamp set.

To make the chicken wire around the edges of the background, using black ink I stamped the chicken wire image from the D1544 Distressed Backgrounds in various areas. I LOVE that set! I stamped a few journaling lines in various places as well as the words 'Garden of Delight' in black ink, too.

What's a garden without bees, right? Well, they may be hard to see in the photo but there are two bees in the upper right corner and one next to the number 4. Also, adding a few pieces of Z1817 Washi Tape along the edges of the layout helped to finish it off nicely!!

Okay, now it's YOUR turn to create something for this challenge. Be sure to use mostly CTMH products on your creation, then go to the blog and link it up so we can check it out. Be sure to give us the direct link to your actual artwork, not to your blog. If you do not have a blog, perhaps you could email me a photo of your artwork and I can post it for you? Just a thought!

While you are on the Heart2Heart blog, check out all the really beautiful artwork created by Design Team A this week and read all about how you can be a winner during our March Madness event. Some of the team members will also be giving away prizes so be sure to read and follow all the rules for your chance to win!

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...