Saturday, March 2, 2013

Two New Layouts to Share

Happy March everyone! I am so excited that the month of March has finally arrived, aren't you? That means it's getting really close to SPRING time! Yea! Well, since it is still a bit chilly outside, I have chosen to stay inside and play in my craft room today. I am so glad I did because I have a couple really nice layouts - at least I think they are nice - to share with you. I hope you like them, too!

This first one was made with the X7155B Avonlea paper pack which is still available from Close to my Heart. Since I had a TON of photos from this trip to Annapolis last October, I decided rather than printing each and every one, I created two collages with the photos I liked the best - one vertical, one horizontal - printed them out and mounted them on a piece of Slate cardstock.

I then decided to print out a few more photos 3.5" x 5" to tuck down inside the collage print on the left-hand page. If you look closely, you can see a few of them peeking out the top. Pretty clever way to add more photos to a page, huh? Sticking out the top of the right-hand page is a journaling tag since there really wasn't another good spot for the journaling.

I used the Z1790 Artiste Cricut cartridge for the title letters and the B1416 Keyboard Uppercase Alphabet set for the subtitle. An old stamp set - Cherish the Day - was used for the date on the left-hand page. I stamped it in Z2111 Chocolate ink. I then added a few Z1816 Durables Artisan Studs here & there and a few strips of Z1817 Washi Tape and called it done!


And now for my second project of the day....another layout of one of my granddaughters. Gee, really? Again? I hope you don't get tired of seeing all my granddaughters - after all, I have 4 of them along with 1 step-granddaughter and I love to scrapbook them when I have photos of them. I don't get to see them since they all live too far away so when I do get photos of them sent to me, I have tons of fun! Anyway, here's the next layout of my youngest granddaughter, Aveney, who will be turning 2 in just 3 days!


I had so much fun creating this layout because every time I looked at that cute little face, I just had to smile. She is just one stinkin' cute, precious little girlie! I wish I could hug her and squeeze her right now. I miss her so much! Well, enough sappiness (is that a word?) now - let's move onto the details.

I was just kind of winging it on this layout but it is loosely based on a layout by Lisa Day from Big Picture Classes. I have listed all the supplies used below. I didn't provide links to all the products but if you click here, it will take you to my website where you can enter in the item numbers for more details and photos.

The title comes from the story behind the photo - figuratively and literally - as there is journaling hidden under the middle photo, which you can see in the second photo below. I haven't done the actual journaling yet but will after posting this. In order for the journaling to be hidden, I attached a 4 inch Z1747 Memory Protector Flip Flap to the page. Don't you just love those Flip Flaps? If you aren't familiar with them, check them out here. If you need more info or ideas on how to use these wonderful things, please contact me!

Anyway, here's the story......Aveney's mommy told her to smile nicely so she could send the photo to Grandma and she proceeded to put her hands on her knees and bend down slightly before smiling her gorgeous smile! Therefore, this smile is just for me!!! It really made my day when I saw these photos and heard the story behind them. See how important it is to know the story? These photos wouldn't have the same impact without that story! That's what scrapbooking is all about!



Supplies used are all Close To My Heart unless noted:
Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
X7166B Claire paper pack
D1546 Frame Flair stamp set
D1522 Glamour Lowercase Alphabet stamp set
C1538 Girls Rock stamp set 
D1412 Noted Backgrounds stamp set (retired)
C1448 Magic Tabs stamp set (retired)
Z1777 Color Ready Canvas Alphabet
Z1747 Memory Protectors Flip Flaps (these are the greatest invention EVER)
Z2140 Outdoor Denim ink
Z2128 Hollyhock ink
Z2191 Sunset ink
Z2153 Sweet Leaf ink
Z1091 Finishing Files
Z1816 Durables Artisan Studs
Z1335 Licorice Opaques
Z1151 3D Foam Tape

I hope you have enjoyed my layouts! If you have any questions about them, please ask! Have a great day and happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...