Monday, April 1, 2013

Let's Be Pun-ny!

We're being pun-ny over at the Heart2Heart blog this week. Well, it is April Fool's Day today, right? I've never really been very good when it comes to jokes and puns or anything like them because I never seem to remember the punchline or deliver it the way it should be in order to be funny so the best way for me to be pun-ny was to use a stamp set called Puns of Praise.


How cute are these images, huh? They are great for cardmaking as you can see by the cards I created with the set. I wear eyeglasses so it was just natural for me to create something with that image and I am also a seamstress - I LOVE to sew - sew(so) of course, creating a card with the sewing machine image was a no-brainer! That camera image is calling my name since I absolutely LOVE to take pictures so I will be using that soon on a project!

I used some of the papers from the Dakota paper pack along with Black, Barn Red, Slate and White Daisy cardstocks on the first card. Random stamping is one of my favorite techniques so I decided to stamp a bunch of the glasses image randomly on the background and love how it looks.

I then used the back side of the eyeglasses image inked with Slate ink then second generation-stamped onto the small piece of White Daisy cardstock. I turned the image over and stamped it on top in Black ink. I had a piece of the Tulle Ribbon sitting on my work table at the time I was making this card and decided to use it - well, just to use it! I added a metal swirl, some baker's twine and a couple brads on the strip then attached it to the card with 3D foam tape to finish it off!


Here's the second card I created for this challenge using the sewing machine image. I stamped the striped background with Buttercup ink on a White Daisy card base and built my card from there. I got the idea for this card from one that was posted somewhere on the internet but I know it wasn't Pinterest-inspired this time - although I do find so much inspiration there, it's amazing!


Supplies used on both cards are all Close To My Heart unless noted.

First card:
  • X7157B Dakota paper pack
  • C1535 Puns of Praise stamp set
  • Z1701 Baker's Twine
  • Z1798 Tulle Ribbon
  • Z2173 Slate ink
  • Z2105 Black ink
  • Z1151 3D Foam Tape
Second Card:
  • 1385 White Daisy cardstock
  • X5643 Chocolate cardstock
  • D1540 In the Background stamp set
  • C1535 Puns of Praise stamp set
  • C1554 Chantilly card kit stamp set
  • Z1808 Chevron Ribbon
  • Z1701 Baker's Twine
  • Z2140 Outdoor denim ink
  • Z2111 Chocolate ink
  • Chocolate brads (n/a)
  • Faux stitching created with an old stamp set (n/a)
  • Safety pins (n/a)
  • Ruler washi tape (unknown source)
If you have enjoyed my cards, then you're going to love the artwork created by the rest of the design team. Head on over to the heart2heart blog and check them out! If you wish to create something pun-ny, too, then share it by leaving us a link to your project. Have pun and happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...