Monday, April 29, 2013

Tucking It In!

This week's Heart2Heart challenge is asking you to 'Tuck It In', which means - use an envelope or some sort of tuck on your creation. Personally, I love using envelopes in my artwork because there's so much you can do with them. The possibilities are endless! I use them quite often to make mini albums - they are perfect for them - as a pocket has already been created for you. Can't get much easier than that!

I started with a Z1375 12" x 12" Kraft cardstock base then added some papers from the X7169B Tommy paper pack for this layout. The two envelopes are Z1721 3" x 3" Kraft envelopes and worked perfectly for this layout. I added some stamping with Z2140 Outdoor Denim ink using an arrow image from the C1534 Sightseer stamp set and the stitching lines were created with an older stamp set. The title was cut with the Z1790 Artiste Cricut cartridge font.

To finish it off, I added a few embellishments from the Z1824 Tommy Assortment pack, White Daisy and Cranberry brads, Z1808 Chevron ribbon and some Z1751 Harvest Baker's Twine. I then decided to 'tuck' in a small journaling tag behind the envelope on the left. The words on the front of each envelope are from one of the zip strips trimmed off a piece of one of the pattern papers.

Layout showing the envelopes closed
Layout with envelopes open - showing what's 'tucked' in
The colors of the Tommy papers were just perfect for this layout of my hubby and I on one of our visits to Annapolis, Maryland. Such a beautiful town! We always enjoy our time there and I hope you have enjoyed my layout today!

If you'd like to participate in this week's Heart2Heart challenge, create something using an envelope or some kind of tuck then link up to your creation on the blog. Be sure to read and follow the rules before sharing your post link.

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...