Monday, May 27, 2013

It's Time to Nip & Tuck

This week's Heart2Heart challenge is all about stitching - real or faux - your choice. I chose to use real stitching on my layout, which I absolutely love and need to use more often in my creations. Most of the time I would use faux stitching because I would be so afraid I'd mess up my page with real stitches and the paper(s) would be wasted. BUT now that I know it's really quite easy to do, I will stitch for real more often.


I used stitching to create the ruffle under the B&W photo, to make the flower at the top left of the B&W photo, a decorative flower stitch along the left side of the black cardstock and a straight stitch on the other 3 sides. LOVE how the stitching really makes this layout even more beautiful!

Supplies used are all Close To My Heart unless noted:

  • X7166B Claire paper pack
  • 1385 White Daisy cardstock
  • 1386 Black cardstock
  • Z1829 Glitter Paper
  • Z1790 Cricut Artiste cartridge (letters)
  • Z1820 For Always Textiles
  • Z1813 Claire Assortment
  • Z1826 Zipper Lace
  • Z1812 Sparkles Flourishes
  • Z1799 Silver Trim
  • Z1821 Black Buttons
  • Z1701 Neutral Baker's Twine
  • 'Daughter' from Me & My Big Ideas
  • 'love that lasts forever' and 'Mother's Day' are from retired stamp sets
  • White sewing thread from Coats & Clark
Okay, now it's your turn to use some stitching - real or faux - in your artwork then share it with us at Heart2Heart. Be sure to use mostly Close To My Heart products in your artwork or we will delete your link. Sorry, those are the rules! And while you're visiting, please take time to check out the beautiful artwork created by Design Team A. 

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...