Monday, May 6, 2013

National Scrapbooking Day Update

Well, as much as I was really looking forward to creating all kinds of awesome artwork on NSD, it didn't happen.   ;-(  In between loads of laundry and hanging them outside, I ended up going to buy some flowers (hubby practically begged me to go) then spent the afternoon planting them. Well, it WAS a gorgeous day and very hard to stay indoors. So the only artwork I did get done was the layout shown below.

Here are the 4 photos I chose to work with. I had an idea of how I wanted to present them on a layout after just a few minutes of looking at them. 

 One of the challenges thrown out by the BPC Creative Crop which I was kind of following online Saturday was to use a pocket page panel on a layout. Well, I didn't quite do it the way the sample showed but I did use a 4" x 6" Flip Flap from Close To My Heart over the center photo, which is basically the same idea, just smaller.

All the supplies used are from Close To My Heart except when noted. I used the Chantilly paper pack and Complements (bird), the circles and title were created with the Artiste Cricut cartridge and the Keyboard Alphabet stamp set. The 2 chipboard buttons tied with white baker's twine are from an old embellishment pack. It's hard to see but inside the letter 'O' there is a clear acrylic heart (another old embellishment) attached with a white brad.

Here is the Flip Flap opened up for you to see where the journaling will go when I figure out what to write. Telling the story about the photos is the MOST important part of a layout so I want to get it right before putting it down.

Now off to print a couple photos from National Scrapbooking Day so I can add them to my previous special layout I created in celebration of the day.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...