Monday, June 24, 2013

Color Me Happy with Heart2Heart

The challenge for the final week of this term's Heart2Heart design team is all about your favorite color or colors. Well, I wasn't sure if it meant just a color you really like or if it had to be a specific color or colors by Close To My Heart so I chose to go with my very favorite color, period!

Anyone who knows me well, knows that YELLOW is my favorite color - in any shade. It is such a bright and cheery color and makes me happy! The walls of my scrap room are painted bright yellow to keep me inspired and happy while I create. Although the layout I created for this challenge is not about my yellow-walled scrap room, it was created in my scrap room. I hope you enjoy it!


I started with a background of Honey cardstock. I knew I wanted to pretty much just use all yellow papers on my layout so I went through a bunch of my paper packs - old and new - to see what might work for the photos I planned to use. I was able to find scraps from Mayberry and Pemberley which are both retired plus some from the current Chantilly and Tommy paper packs that worked perfectly together. I also used a zip strip from the Pemberley paper pack as the wording seemed appropriate. I googled the definition of yellow then typed it up and printed it to add to my layout. Below is the list of supplies used in addition to those already mentioned:
  • Z1139 Dimensional Elements Perennials (retired)
  • Z1156 Dimensional Elements Borders (retired)
  • Z1825 Keyboard Kraft Alphabet
  • Z1760 Burlap Ribbon
  • Z1702 Paradise Baker's Twine
  • Z1844 Trinkets Wooden Shapes (LOVE THESE!)
  • 2 Honey Brads (n/a)
Thanks for stopping by! Now it's your turn to create something featuring your favorite color, either a specific Close To My Heart color or just your favorite color - like I did here. Then head on over to the Heart2Heart blog and share a link to your artwork. Be sure to use mostly CTMH products in your creation or we will remove your link - them's the rules! ;-) But most of all, have fun and happy scrampin'!

~Carol


P.S. I'll be seeing you around for the next 6 months since I am returning again as a member of the next design team at Heart2Heart. Yea!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...