Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Tool Time at H2H

Good Monday morning everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! Maybe you were able to get in some playtime in your craft room and got to use lots of your favorite tools while creating some awesome artwork? If you were lucky to do that then this week's challenge over at the Heart2Heart blog is right up your alley. Share with us any artwork you created using one of your favorite tools because it's 'Tool Time' at Heart2Heart.

My layout was actually created using three of my favorite tools - my 12" paper trimmer (Z1783), my dry embossing/scoring stylus (Z608) and my sanding block (Z1294). I did not take a photo of my sanding block because I didn't want you to see how beat up it is. It gets used so much and I really need a new one.
 Anyway, I created the background of the layout below by first removing the cutting blade just so that it doesn't get in my way, placing my white cardstock in the paper trimmer and using the stylus to make randomly spaced lines.

I then flipped it over, the cardstock not the trimmer, heehee, and rubbed a Desert Sand ink pad over the raised lines. Voila! It looks like a whitewashed piece of wood, don't you agree? I love the effect!


Next I again used my paper trimmer and stylus to make lines 1/4" in on all four sides of the Outdoor Denim photo mat. Here is where I used my sanding block. I flipped the photo mat over then used the sanding block to rub the color off the raised lines. I love this look, too!

Rather than titling my layout 'Happy Father's Day', I chose to title it 'celebrate fathers' instead. I plan to put small photos of my dad, my husband and my son on the photo mat as soon as I find just the right ones.

Supplies used are all CTMH unless noted:

  • X7169B Tommy paper pack
  • X7169C Tommy Complements
  • E1020 Token Alphabet stamp set
  • D1506 Family Love stamp set (Love)
  • Z2118 Desert Sand ink
  • Z2162 Honey ink
  • Z2140 Outdoor Denim ink
  • Z1825 Keyboard Kraft Alphabet stickers
  • Z1734 Irresistibles Persnickety Journaling Spots
  • Z1751 Harvest Baker's Twine
  • Z280 Natural Hemp
  • Z1783 SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
  • Z608 Dry Embossing/Scoring Stylus
  • Z1294 Sanding Kit
  • Various brads, buttons and metals

I hope you have enjoyed my layout today. I'd love to see what you create using one or more of your favorite tools. Get creating and share with us at Heart2Heart but remember to use mostly Close To My Heart products or we will remove your artwork. Them's the rules! :-) And be sure to check out all the beautiful artwork created by Design Team A while you are there.

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...