Monday, July 8, 2013

A Couple New Cards to Share

I haven't been in the mood to create any handmade cards lately but finally got in the mood the past couple days and wanted to share what I made. The background on my first card was created with masking tape. How, you ask? Well, I used a strip of masking tape that I first stuck on my shirt a couple times to remove some of the tackiness then pressed it into an ink pad then onto the cardstock. I used three different strips of tape since I wanted to use different colors of ink.

What I really love the most about this card is....it is so simple but nice and so easy to mail since it has no bulkiness to it! I really like the effect the masking tape creates, too! So much so that I created a second card using this technique but can't show it to you yet as it is for the next Heart2Heart challenge that I participate in. You'll just have to wait! Sorry!

Stamp set used is D1535 Bugs & Hugs - ink colors used are Z2191 Sunset, Z2173 Slate & Z2140 Outdoor Denim.


My second card here is one I made for my son & his wife for their upcoming anniversary. Sssshhhh, don't tell them! Their anniversary isn't until the 17th so they haven't received it yet. Don't ask me how many years they've been married because I forget those things except my own, of course, which happens to be in 2 days!!! Wow, hubby and I will be married 37 years on the 10th. Amazing it has been that long already! Guess I'd better get making a card for him, too! 

Supplies used: X7165B For Always paper pack, B1345 Forever in Love stamp set (n/a), Z1732 Seam Binding Ribbon which I colored with Z2162 Honey and Z2195 Lagoon inks then let dry, Z1752 Sparkles Assortment and Z2105 Black ink.


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you totally enjoy your day!

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...