Monday, July 1, 2013

Heart2Heart Masking Technique

Hello and welcome to another six months of ME and my creative projects! Yep, that's right! I am once again on the next Design Team A - now known as Team Twilight - for the awesome Heart2Heart challenge blog. Yea! I am excited to be staying on and look forward to the next six months of new challenges! And for our first challenge of this term - masking. I love the masking technique. There are so many effects you can create when using a mask.

In my card shown here, I used one mask in two different ways plus one other mask. First I cut a 2" oval from Colonial White cardstock using the Oval 1 on page 22 of the Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I placed the oval on top of a X1410 Colonial White card base then while using some temporary adhesive to hold it in place, I stamped around it with the script image from D1477 Universal Backgrounds stamp set in second generation Z2118 Desert Sand ink.


Next I took the negative oval shape and placed it on top of the area already stamped allowing an opening for me to ink around the inside edges using a sponge dauber inked with Desert Sand again. I then sponge-daubed the stem and leaves in Desert Sand ink using a mask which was left over from a previous project. Love the results, don't you?

Adding some organdy ribbon, three Z1844 little wooden hearts adorned with three Z1263 itty bitty sparkles and inked with Z2104 Barn Red, a sentiment from D1476 Card Chatter stamped in Barn Red and the antiqued copper metal embellishments really finished off the card. Hope you enjoy it!

Now it's your turn to create something using the masking technique to share it with us over at the Heart2Heart blog. Remember to use mostly CTMH products in your creation or we will remove your link. ;-(

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...