Monday, July 29, 2013

Ombre, Ombre

Hey everyone, this week's challenge at Heart2Heart is to use the 'ombre' technique on a project. I know there's supposed to be an accent mark above the 'e' in ombre but I have absolutely NO clue how to put one there. If you know, please share!

And I really wasn't too sure if this card depicted the 'ombre' technique very well but was assured that it did, so here is what I created. I'm sorry the photo isn't better to show off the color more but I kept forgetting to take another photo in daylight. ;-(

Using the canvas image from the Distressed Backgrounds (D1544) stamp set, I stamped it 3 times with Sunflower (Z2150), Goldrush (Z2123) and Autumn Terracotta (Z2101) inks on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Colonial White cardstock. Mounted it on a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of  Cocoa (X5642) cardstock then mounted it to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Goldrush (1243) cardstock base.

I cut an oval shape from Colonial White (1388) cardstock and another scalloped edge oval shape from Cocoa cardstock using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Z1686). I again used the canvas image from the Distressed Backgrounds stamp set inked with Cocoa (Z2114) to stamp on the Colonial White oval. I stamped the peaches image from the July stamp of the month set - Sweet Life - in Cocoa pigment ink (Z2503) then colored it in using a cotton swab. I attached a ribbon to the background then added 3 copper brads and an itty bitty sparkle to the oval shape before popping it up with 3D foam tape (Z1151). Sentiment was stamped with Cocoa ink.


I hope you've enjoyed my 'ombre' card today. Now it's your turn to try this technique and share your creation with us at Heart2Heart. Be sure to use mainly CTMH products in your artwork or your link will be removed. Sorry! ;-(

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...