Monday, August 26, 2013

Make a Scene

This week's challenge at the Heart2Heart blog is to 'make a scene'. Before I decided on my project here, I had so many ideas floating around in my head about 'making a scene' but nothing seemed to work for me. At one time during the creative process of this challenge I had 3 different projects going at the same time but still nothing that really grabbed me. So finally I just chose one of the projects and finished it off to make it work. I hope you like it!


I happen to be quite tired as I'm writing this post so I won't take the time to share all the supplies used to create it. But I will tell you this, I used the new Artbooking Cricut cartridge for several cuts on this single page layout and love how they all look! Artbooking is totally awesome, I must say!

The 'scene' I made here was created with a 'window' cut with the cartridge out of Kraft cardstock. I stamped a tree on a square of Colonial White cardstock and put it behind the window for the 'scene'. I mounted it to a decorated 6" x 6" Kraft Die Cut card that opens at the top and which will drop down to expose a couple photos that will be tucked inside. I also created a tag to tuck down behind the card to simulate a chimney. Did you see that before I mentioned it? I didn't set out to purposely make a chimney - it just happened and I love how it looks!

Okay, now it's your turn to 'make a scene' and share it with us over at the Heart2Heart blog. Be sure to use mainly Close To My Heart products in your creation or your link will be removed. Sorry, them's the rules! ;-)

Happy scrampin'! Have a great day!

~Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...