Monday, October 7, 2013

That Little Black Dress

I don't know about you but I don't even own a little black dress - mainly because I've not been a dress-wearer for many, many years. Don't really know why but at one point in my past I decided I didn't like wearing dresses anymore. Weird, I know. So when I saw this challenge for the Heart2Heart blog, I was like - what the heck can I create for this challenge? I don't own a little black dress to inspire me so I was really stumped.

Well, I went onto Pinterest to get some ideas but there wasn't much there, which I found quite unusual. Next I did a Google search and somehow was directed to Splitcoaststampers, I believe, (sorry, I always forget to write that info down) where a gal there had shared her template for a dress that could be made out of paper and added to a card. Ureka! I found what I was looking for! I am not real good at making my own patterns/templates so I am very happy that there are many talented ladies out there who know how to do that and don't mind sharing with the rest of us less talented souls! Thank you!


Supplies used are Close To My Heart unless noted:
  • X7165B - For Always paper pack
  • D1571 - Sweet & Lovely Artbooking stamp set
  • Z2118 - Desert Sand ink
  • Z2105 - Black ink
  • Z1732 - Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Z1263 - Bitty Sparkles
  • Z1799 - Silver Shimmer Trim
  • 2 Black Button Brads
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder 
I hope you have enjoyed my 'almost' (it's not totally black) little black dress today. Maybe I inspired you to create something similar or maybe just inspired you to create? If so, please share your artwork with us over at the Heart2Heart blog and be sure to use mostly Close To My Heart products in your creation or your link will be removed. Sorry, them's the rules! 

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...