Monday, November 25, 2013

Sponging Technique for Heart 2 Heart

Here is my creation for this week's Heart2Heart challenge - sponging technique. Can you tell where I sponged? Well, if not, I'll tell you! See all the scalloped border strips? I sponged the edges of them. I also sponged around the edges of the cardstock square that I stamped the wreath on.

I used a sponge inked with Desert Sand and starting from the edges of the cardstock, I swirled the sponge in a circular motion as I worked my way toward the center where I stamped the sentiment. By starting from the edges and working in a circular motion, you avoid leaving ink circles on your project. Just keep adding more ink to your sponge and moving in a circular motion until you get the effect you want. In my case, I wanted to keep the center quite a bit lighter than the outside edges so the sentiment would pop more.

The wreath itself was stamped in Versamark ink then embossed with white embossing powder. I waited for it to cool off before applying the Desert Sand ink. I then wiped off the excess ink from the embossed wreath so that it showed up even better. I added a ribbon knot, a strip of bronze shimmer trim and a few bits of bling here & there and called it done! Hope you enjoy it!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...