Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Write 365* - Describe your handwriting

All my life I have had good handwriting. I remember all my teachers telling me how nice my handwriting was and I was proud that I always received high marks for penmanship. I like to write neatly and precise so when anyone reads my handwriting they can understand it. There's nothing more frustrating to me than not being able to read what someone has written unless, of course, it's misspelled words. That really bugs me! 

Most times my writing is in cursive, which seems to be a dying art now since most schools don't even teach it anymore. That's very sad. Cursive writing is so elegant and lovely that I can't believe it may one day disappear. That is just not right but I suppose it has to do with how technology has changed the way we write.

My writing sometimes can be large, loose and kind of fancy or even wild with loopy tails on certain letters such as the g's and y's. Other times it's smaller, neater and more compact. Perhaps my mood dictates the style I write at the time - that may have something to do with it - or maybe it depends on how much space I have to write. If I have lots of space, my words will be wild & free - little space and my words are much smaller & neater. I do like to print my letters when I'm just making notes or lists and when I want to get something written down quickly. Writing quickly will usually produce a bit of loopiness - is that a word? - to my letters.

I don't know about you but I enjoy writing by hand. And there's nothing more special than sending or receiving a handwritten letter. That is why I am so excited to have a pen pal again. I haven't had one since I was a teenager and I am truly enjoying it! 

How would you describe your handwriting? If you blog about it, please leave me a link to your post in a comment below so I can check it out. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

~Carol

*Write 365 is an iPhone/iPad app, created by Kam over at Campfire Chic, to inspire you to write whenever you have a writer's block or just need a little help coming up with a topic to write about. You can download it from the App Store. You can read more about the creator of this awesome app by going here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...