Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy National Scrapbook Day - Part 2

Hey everyone! I hope you had as much fun scrapping today as I did! I want to share a second layout I made while playing in my scrap room today. Like last year, I took a pic of myself scrapping on this special day and used that photo on a layout. So here I am in the second layout I made having fun showing off the first layout I made today in celebration of NSD.


One of the presenters on the Big Picture Classes 10K scrap event today showed how she ran some of her 3x4 and 4x6 journaling cards through various embossing folders then spritzed with water and ink for a watercolor effect and I loved the result.

However, I didn't want to take a lot of time to complete my layout so instead of using her exact techniques, I substituted a spray pen from Close to my Heart filled with chocolate ink and water to spritz on the layout before adding the photo and embellishments. I also inked the edges of the cards with the chocolate ink so that they would stand out more on the page. I love how it turned out!

Supplies used: One 3x4 card from Skylark Picture My Life kit from Close To My Heart, one gold-ish 3x4 piece of cardstock from the Free To Be Me kit from Close To My Heart, four 3x4 cards, one 4x6 card and a couple embellishments from Studio Calico, four embossing folders (Cuttlebug & Sizzix), chocolate ink and wooden and cork stars from Close To My Heart and letter stickers are from Amy Tangerine.

You can purchase any of the Close to my Heart products here.

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...