Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week 29 of My Project Life Album

I started my very first Project Life album back in January 2013 and was so happy that I was able to complete a full year. Yay! It was so inspiring and because I loved how it made me feel, I started another one for 2014. I may have shared a page or two from that album here on my blog but I'm sure it was quite some time ago so I have decided to share some of my favorite ones with you going forward. I most likely will not post each week but will try for at least once or maybe twice a month.

As you will see in most of my pages, I take lots of photos of birds and flowers and pretty much nature in general as I feel they make the best subjects since they never complain about having their picture taken like people tend to do.

So without further ado...here is week 29.

For this page, I'm using cards from the Chantilly Picture My Life kit from Close to my Heart. The colors are perfect and work well with all the flower photos and the green of the outdoors. 

I love using the totally cool 4" x 6" flip flaps from Close to my Heart! Have you ever tried them? If you haven't, you MUST! They are perfect for adding more photos to a layout 'cause you know sometimes you have an abundance of photos of a special event and you want to use as many as possible. They are great for that! Close to my Heart also sells many other sizes of these fabulous flip flaps to fit your project. They are one of the best inventions ever!

Here I'm showing you what it looks like with the flip flaps open. (That little white dot over my husband's face is there for privacy. He's funny like that!) 

I had a pack of some wooden flowers & butterflies (no longer available) from awhile back and have been wanting to use them up so I am happy to remove them from my stash! The small wooden bird is still available here but only until the 31st so get them now if you want. I am sorry to see those little wooden trinkets go because I use them ALL.THE.TIME. I will miss them!

Tip: use glue dots to attach the wooden pieces to the outside of the pocket page protector to avoid bulkiness under it and to keep the photos and cards from shifting within the pocket. 

This photo shows the inside journaling flap open. To create that feature, I connected two 3" x 4" cards together with a piece of white washi tape to create a hinge. Then slid the one card inside the pocket and left the right card outside as a flap. Pretty cool, huh?

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my page today! If you have any questions about the products used, feel free to ask. If you'd like to purchase any of them, click here to shop. 

Happy scrampin'!

~Carol




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...